Friday, March 4, 2011

Hospital Happenings

I'm still here! It seems like a LONG time ago that I got here. I feel like an old pro now. I have learned soooo much! We do a non stress test twice a day on Austin and he has done very well with it. We don't want his heart to stay steady. We want to see variability in his heartrate. This is the prehistoric machine they use in this room. We had a better one in the first room I had. Today I had a VERY special treat. My friend, Shara, took a day off work to come over and see me! She walked in the door and I had NO idea she was coming. What a nice surprise! AND on top of that she brought me a Nipa Hut burrito. We had a great visit and great food. Love you, Shara!
I got to have ANOTHER special treat today also! We had a sonogram this morning and I got to GO to the room instead of having the machine brought to me. AND on top of that Austin gave us the GUNS UP! The lab tech and I both immediately saw it and busted out laughing. She even added the GO TECH for me on the photo.

The food around here stinks...literally. I mean taking the lid off this mess turns my stomach. The breakfast is good, but I don't touch any other meals. So that's why it's sooo wonderful when food is brought in!
I complained about the view in the other room. I didn't know what I was talking about! Here's the view in my room now...a brick wall! Gorgeous!

I've had lots of visitors and phone calls that have kept me pretty busy. Surprisingly I haven't been bored at all, just sick of being here. I guess I better deal with it though!




No comments:

Post a Comment