Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happy birthday, Austin!

Austin Blake Watts arrived at 4:24 am on March 11, 2011. He's 4 lbs 1 oz and 18.5 inches. We were told from the sonograms that he was approximately 5 lbs 7 oz. They were a little off! He's absolutely perfect. The nurse today said his heart and lungs sound like those of a big baby and that he's very strong. Also, he is up to 4 lbs 5 oz today, just since yesterday morning. I'll include more of the entire story later, but for now we are home happy and healthy:). And here's some pictures for your viewing pleasure of our sweet baby boy. Austin in his bunny swing. He likes his arms just like they are, so don't mess with them;)! Dr. Callaghan with Austin.
Jeff holding Austin. You know he's thinking how small he is compared to my nephews!

Mimi and Papa meeting Austin for the first time.
I wanted to see all of him as soon as they brought him to me! I unbundled him to check him out.
He looks like a little bird in this one:).

Our happy little Watts family.

Austin has this thing about opening one eye to look around. It's so cute!
All swaddled up and happy. He loves to be snuggled up in his blanket and can't stand to have his diaper changed!

We want to send a big thank you for all of the prayers, thoughts, calls, texts, emails, visits, snacks, cards, and love that has been shown to us. We are very thankful for our sweet little blessing, but we're terribly behind in responding to everyone. We got home today and have almost 2 weeks worth of things to do. When I left the house on March 1st for my doctor appointment I had no idea I wouldn't be coming home until we had a baby! I've been stuck in the hospital and Andrew's been stuck running between work and the hospital. For now we are so happy to be home, loving our sweet boy, unpacking all of the things from the hospital, going through 2 weeks worth of mail, and trying to get organized. We'll get caught up...eventually;).
Love,
Andrew, Kala, & Austin

5 comments:

  1. Oh he is just perfect! I'm so glad you posted this because I've been on pins and needles wanting to see him! I have to say, I think he looks like his daddy! So cute in that swing!! Drew LOVED his swing. I only cut him off from the swing because he reached the weight limit (25lbs)! I'm glad you have a swing lover - it's a life saver! I can't wait to hear ALL about his birth!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and hallelujah he takes a paci!! LIFE SAVER! :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally a picture of you! I am so glad you guys are home and Austin is healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checking in to see how y'all are doing! I hesitate to call because I don't want to disturb nap time!! Hope all's well with your little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.. he was so small and adorable all at the same time!
    <3xojo

    ReplyDelete