Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Growing Baby Boy

Austin had his 2 week checkup on Friday and things went very well. He is a 5 pounder now! He has gained 15 ounces in 2 weeks which the doctor was very pleased with. He is 18.5 inches long which means he has grown a half an inch. We will go back in a month and see how much more he has grown. I'm thinking there's a good chance he'll be a 7 pounder by then! I'm stealing a neat idea from my friend, Cindy, and we will take his picture each month next to the same toy in his crib to show his growth. Here's his first picture which is at 2 weeks. I should have done it a little sooner, but I'll do better from now on:). And here's a picture of Austin's first nap in his crib. He still sleeps in our room, but I read somewhere it's a good idea to put babies down in their crib for a nap at least once a day before you move them in there for the whole night. The first time I put him down it resulted in him waking up screaming within 2 minutes. I put him back down a little bit later and he had a good nap!

1 comment:

  1. Ohmygoodness! He is so tiny and precious! I can't wait to meet him. Good job, mama! Call me when you have a chance! I LM the other day, but I know you are busy!

    ReplyDelete