Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Weddings all around!

The school building!
Um...where's the computer? lol

And my students complain about their chairs being uncomfortable;)!


We thought this was really cool!



More pictures from the Botanical Gardens! We loved this place!

Andrew canoeing!

How gorgeous is that!?!

I can't look at this picture without laughing! This coupled ran smack into the side of the bridge. I didn't see it happening and all I heard was the REALLY loud sound it made. I looked around for a second wondering if it was a gunshot and how I'm going to take cover in the canoe! (The idea of jumping in the lake wasn't too appealing!)



We had such a fantastic weekend. Saturday we went to eat at The Cheesecake Factory, walk around the Botanical Gardens, see Valentine's Day, purchase our wedding bands, and watch the Olympics. Believe it or not...Sunday was even better! We had Trudy's for lunch and got to sit out on the patio. We hadn't been out there before and it was such a nice a day! Lunch was delicious and then we headed back to Zilker Park, but this time to the canoes!
We find the place to rent canoes and he tells us it's $10 an hour and he needs an ID. Andrew gives him the money and his id and he tells us to grab a boat. That was it! I needed more instructions! I'm thinking we're going to sit back and observe others and then give it a shot. WRONG! Andrew drags a canoe down and shoves it in the water and tells me to get in! LOL If only we had a video of me getting in the canoe...oh my goodness! Almost all of the canoe was in the water so I had to duck walk the distance to the other side and step over the poles that go across the canoe. I can only imagine how hard people were laughing at me! Andrew got it and we started paddling together and went straight into the other side of the bank! He figures out we're in the canoe backwards because I can't sit on the seat because there wouldn't be room for my legs, so I'm sitting in the bottom of the canoe. He wants to head back to the bank to switch around. I had visions of my duck walk in my head and let him know I could do it without going back to the bank. He keeps tell me...No, no, no...while i'm getting up on the seat and getting turned around! I made it! Then he gets turned around and we're on our way again, but now he's in the front and I'm in the back. Personally, I think I did an excellent job at steering us, but he would disagree. (I had it timed out how many strokes it took to get us turned, but he kept getting nervous.) We've got a plan for next time, though. We'll be old pros by then! It was really fun and SO beautiful! Next, we went on a train ride around Zilker Park. That was pretty cool and Andrew really enjoyed the scenery...of the volleyball courts. (Ha ha!) That night we got to go have dinner at The Iron Cactus. He had a steak that he said was one of the best he's ever had and I had some of the best fajitas I had. It was delicious!

The night Andrew and I got engaged we went to a wedding where his cousin, Courtney, sang. Her voice is so gorgeous! We immediately decided we really wanted her to sing for our wedding. Courtney has agreed to sing I'll Be by Edwin McCain. She plays the guitar and sings. I can't wait to hear it!
AND in other wedding news....my bridesmaid and best friend, Kari, got engaged! I am so thrilled for her and so excited we will be planning our weddings at the same time! How fun is that!?!? We've been through so much together and now it's perfect we get engaged 2 months a part! I'm so honored that I will get to be in her wedding now too!




No comments:

Post a Comment