Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baby, it's cold outside!

I was was starting to think we wouldn't get any snow or any delays this year. We've had a couple of hopeful days only for no snow to come through. Finally, today I got my snow. This is only after doing the snow dance on Monday a special visitor taught my class. Last night as Andrew and I were coming home around 8 or so it started snowing. Not a whole lot of the snow stuck, but it was wet and ice formed quickly on the roads. This morning Andrew and I woke up to the wonderful sound of the phone ringing wiht the recorded message the schools were delayed! This was great, but also bad. I got to to stay home an extra 3 hours, but Andrew had to go to work. This isn't like a normal snow around here where it's in the 20s or 30s. It's PAINFULLY cold. We're talking it's 6 degrees and feels like -9 right now! It doesn't usually get that cold in Hobbs, NM! It's snowing again now and I wouldn't be surprised if we got another delay or even cancellation tomorrow. Chica is NOT overly excited about this snow! She is COLD, but is managing to keep warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment