Wednesday, January 6, 2010

He Asked and She Said Yes!

This is us at Bev's wedding in Austin. We really had a great time that night. We were paying close attention to all of the details from the wedding!






This is us right after we got engaged at The Arboretum in Austin, Tx.

On December 12th Andrew and I went to Bev's wedding in Austin, TX. The wedding was beautiful and we had such a great time. It definitely set the mood for the night. We got to hang out with his family, eat and, dance.

Afterward we went driving around in search of The Trail of Lights Christmas display. We finally found it and walked around there for awhile, but we were a little disappointed all of the scenes wouldn't be lit up until the next night. We absolutely LOVE ice cream and went for a snack at Amy's Ice Cream at The Arboretum. My friend, Cindy, suggested this place to us over the summer and we go there every time I'm in Austin. We went to the little park they have outside after we got our ice cream. He got a little quiet for a minute as we walked over by the cow statues and I was gobbling up my ice cream. He pulled out the ring from his pocket and asked me to marry him! It didn't take me long to give him a YES. It was great timing because the next day, December 13th, was exactly one year from our first date.

We got to go over and tell his family the next morning. Andrew's parents were staying with Mary and Danny in Austin. We had to sit and visit and keep our mouths shut for about 30 minutes while we were waiting for Sam to get done with his Bible study. We were both ready to bust! We finally got to make our big announcement and everyone was very happy. We got to tell Joyce, Sam, Danny, Mary and Courtney all at once.

Finally, I drove the long 6 1/2 hours home from Austin dying to get home to tell my family. I bought a picture frame and printed inside of it...Place wedding picture here after July 10, 2010. Congratulations! You're parents of the bride again!....I went straight to Mom and Dad's house when I got back to Hobbs. I told them I had an early Christmas present I was dying for them to unwrap and just couldn't wait! My mom opened the present and found the frame. I think they knew it was coming! We went straight over and told Kristi, Jeff, Kamden, and Kason. They were all excited. Kason and Kamden will both be in the wedding. Kason is a little confused with his role, though. Kason thinks I'm marrying Andrew, but he's marrying me!

No comments:

Post a Comment