Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Time off!!

I can honestly say I have never looked forward to Christmas vacation as much as I was THIS year. That last week of school was ROUGH. It's great to be off, but I'm not sure if I'd really describe it as "off." We have been SOOOO busy EVERY day! Wrapping Christmas presents was a BIG job. Here's what the living room looked like DURING! What a mess! Andrew and I have made a lot of trips back and forth to Odessa to see his side of the family. We love singing Christmas songs on the way!

Austin enjoying playing in the boxes...

Ahhhh....I enjoyed writing this name tag:)...


Austin had his 9 month check up last week. He was officially 18.3 lbs and 27 3/4 inches long. We've moved up in all percentages. If I remember correctly, He is the 12th percentile for weight, the 24th for height, and his head was the 37th. Considering he started at less than the 5th percentile in EVERYTHING, this a significant growth! Dr. Murillo wanted to do some bloodwork on him just do double check a few things and it WAS awful! The first time they stuck him they couldn't get blood and so they had to do the other arm. It was very traumatic for BOTH of us! All of his bloodwork came back GREAT! Here he is before all of the drama occurred...

We think Austin is probably teething. We've had a few grumpy days recently. Here's one of those...

Bath time...this kid LOVES bath time! Strike a pose! HI!!!

While in Odessa we had some girl time. We all went for manis! Here's Karen...

And Emily getting her nails beautified...

Here's my nails...I decided to try something different...


Joyce went too, but she got hers done at the same time as me so I couldn't get a pic of hers (couldn't mess up my nails!) Here's Austin and a gift from Santa. Apparently, he was a good boy this year!

Every year we take Emily, Ashlyn, and Pete to Mr. Gatties for pizza and games. This year the whole family joined us. Andrew, Kent, and Tiki had a basketball challenge. Tiki won! Check out Brooklyn in the bottom left hand quarter of this pic. She beat me in air hockey;)!!



After Christmas when we got home from Odessa we discovered a gift we had forgot to have Austin unwrap. This was actually perfect! Unwrapping 1 right in front of him wasn't so overwhelming and I think he had the most fun with this gift! He kept crawling on it to tear the paper. Tiki and Mona gave him this couch that fold out to a bed. Austin loves crawling all over it!

Daddy duties!!! And so it begins...


This past week has been FANTASTIC. Now we are looking forward to Kent, Karen, Ashlyn, Emily, and Pete all coming to stay with us tomorrow night. I'm sure it will be fun. I think there will be a Bezzerwizzer showdown coming!

1 comment:

  1. Love the updates! So glad y'all had such a great white Christmas! I loved writing those nametags too :) And I'm thankful for a happy healthy 9 month check up - go Austin and go mama!!

    ReplyDelete