Thursday, September 9, 2010

Busy Times

John showed us the pictures they took of the rainbows he and Shannon saw when they were in Hobbs for our wedding. Shannon commented on what a good omen it was four our marriage:). If you look closely, it's a double rainbow!

Shannon gave us a scrapbook for a wedding present she made of our engagement pictures. This one particular makes me chuckle. The quote says, "A happy home is one in which each spouse grants the possibility that the other may be right, though neither believes it." (LOL The Longhorn and the Red Raider) During her funeral her scrapbook friends talked about her sitting back after finishing a page of scrapbooking and saying, "Man! I'm SOOO good at this!" I can totally see her saying that on these pages of our scrapbook. It's a very special gift to us.

Andrew and I have been very busy these last few weeks. Andrew has been working very late hours. Many times he doesn't get home until after 8! He has also had very few days off. We went to San Angelo last weekend for Shannon's funeral. We left Saturday afternoon and returned Sunday after the funeral. We were grateful for the time to get to spend with family, but so sad for the reason. Shannon's funeral was jaw dropping. We were amazed at the turnout and the love that was shown for her. She influenced so many people. The eulogies were unbelievable. Andrew was supposed to be off on Monday, but of course was called in and had to work most of the day. We are looking forward to spending this weekend in Hobbs. Next weekend we have mixed emotions for our trip. It's my best friend Kari's wedding in Albuquerque. However I am SOOO sad we won't be at the Texas and Tech game in Lubbock! Andrew is taking it like a champ! I'm a little hurt that Tech would even think of playing without me there;)! I hope Kari understands when I carry my cell phone as I walk up the aisle checking the scores. Just kidding! I promise to wait until after they say, "I do!" I am looking forward to Kari's wedding and Andrew and I getting away together for a little while. We are leaving on Thursday (we both have taken off Friday!) and returning on Sunday! I'm soooo excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment