Sunday, April 11, 2010

I AM OK

All pink roses for the wedding!
On my way to Odessa Friday there was a small fire on the side of the road. This is what it looked like today. It wound up getting fairly big.

Andrew had planned to come here this weekend for premarital counseling, but we had to slightly alter our weekend plans. His mom was put into the hosptial with heart problems. Andrew headed to Odessa Friday morning and I headed that way right when I got off work. On the way to Odessa I saw a fire on the side of the road. I pushed my Onstar button in my car to call for help. I pushed it several times and waited...I finally barely heard a tiny little voice. I loudly said...I AM OK! THERE IS A FIRE ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD JUST NORTH OF WHERE I AM RIGHT NOW. PLEASE CALL ON MY CELL PHONE. I CANNOT HEAR YOU. I gave them my cell # as well. Afterward they called and I realized the reason I couldn't hear them is that I had turned the volume down on the radio! (Classic dumb blonde moment!!) I had to talk to all several different departments and give as much information as I could think of. Andrew has been getting a big kick out of the...I...AM...OK!!! I didn't want them to think I needed help though! LOL We went back by the next day and the fire got fairly big, but fortunately wasn't anywhere near any houses.
We got our first premarital counseling session done and it went good! We have another session in 2 weeks. We also got our flowers ordered for the wedding! All pink roses, my favorite! Andrew's mom, Joyce, has been in great spirits and is doing much better now. They shocked her heart this morning to put it back in rhythm and it worked. Hopefully she will get to go home tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment